2019 in Review: A Top 100 Firm for Securing U.S. Patents
Since the firm’s founding in April 2018, Xsensus has changed the IP law game by pushing boundaries and challenging perceptions about how law firms work. In 2019, their first full year of operation, Xsensus was listed in the top 100 patent firms in the U.S. for obtaining U.S. patents, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Andy Harry, an Xsensus co-founder, celebrates their success, stating, “Our goal has always been to invest in the brightest minds while maintaining a non-traditional work environment as both the clients and the team benefit from this. Seeing our efforts payoff is a great feeling, and we look forward to the future of this firm.”
Celebrating the Firm’s Success and Growth
Just shy of their second anniversary, Xsensus is honored to be one of the fastest growing firms in the top 100 list.
Xsensus is committed to a client-centered approach, understanding the client’s needs and biggest issues, and then working closely with them to provide services that will best solve their challenges. The team also hosts some of their client’s in-house counsel, allowing them to experience working directly with Xsensus’ attorneys on a daily basis.
This relationship-driven focus, combined with proximity to the USPTO, provides clients with extremely efficient results. All of these factors have created strong and stable growth and success for Xsensus.
A snapshot of Xsensus’ patent filing and application accomplishments:
- Issued Utility Patents
- 2018 – 113 issued patents
- 2019 (First full calendar year) – 799 issued patents, placing Xsensus in the top 100 patent firms in obtaining U.S. patents
- New patent filings in 2019 – 1,353
The Keys to Success: Xsensus is Not Your Typical Law Firm
Xsensus recognized that in order to provide creative and innovative solutions to clients, the conventional law firm model would not work. The firm’s success continues to rely on its founding ethos: create a collaborative teamwork climate, invest in technology-driven processes and be motivated by results. Xsensus believes a positive work environment leads to contented attorneys and better served clients.
Work Environment Highlights: A Great Environment Encourages Creativity
- A strong commitment to collaboration and brainstorming to achieve the best results for clients, and to provide support and assistance to the team
- Over 40% diversity for legal professionals
- Most legal professionals and staff work in Xsensus’ Alexandria, Virginia office, near the USPTO. However, the team is also free to work remotely, wherever they are most comfortable
- 100% of attorneys enjoy a flexible dress code under the “wear what makes you most productive” policy
- Friendly, team building competitions held throughout the year to continue to challenge and inspire each other
- Five pets visited the office regularly (Honey’s customer service is still top-notch)
Xsensus is reinventing the way an intellectual property law firm works. By investing in the brightest minds and the latest technology, we can deliver creative and innovative solutions to our clients without the overhead of a traditional IP law firm.
While larger firms are often trying to contain costs by having less experienced patent agents or technical advisors handle the work while being supervised by a partner, Xsensus is focusing on an open and collaborative environment between our experienced attorneys and our clients.