Patent Attorney/Agent (Electrical Engineering)
Xsensus is a non-traditional law firm where the best and brightest in science and law join together to be a powerful legal presence- all while working in a relaxed, creative and stimulating environment.
With transparent leadership, collaborative teamwork and technology-driven processes, the Xsensus team provides unparalleled services to a rapidly expanding client base.
Voted a “Best Place to Work in Virginia” in 2022.
Our firm culture drives the day-to-day experience, and we believe work/life balance generates high-quality work and a higher quality of life. Xsensus is a place where you can be successful by being yourself and work with a diverse group of people who want to help you learn and grow.
We have a global reach where relationships are the foundation to success for our clients and our firm. In this role, you’ll be on the front lines working directly with inventors and in-house counsel to explore the intersections of intellectual property and business, and you’ll be involved and working with our technologically and geographically diverse clients from day one.
Grow with us and know that your contributions will directly influence the success of the firm and your hard work will always be recognized and appreciated.
- Drafting patent applications on cutting edge technologies directed to real-world products
- Build relationships with inventors and in-house counsel
- Efficient and strategic patent prosecution
- Build relationships with USPTO examiners
- Patent portfolio management
- Understand the client’s business objectives and how their IP strategies support those objectives
- Ability to work remotely or at the office
- Ditch the suit- Our dress code is flexible, wear what makes you most productive
- Flexible vacation time- Work as much as you want, when you want
- Optional team building activities- Join us in friendly office competitions throughout the year
- Competitive benefits and salary
- Technical background, preferably having a degree in electrical engineering, computer science and/or physics
- 2 years of experience in preparation and prosecution of patent applications
- Experience in telecommunications and 5G technology preferred