This position is responsible for supporting all areas of our IP practice and will provide a wide range of administrative, accounting and patent prosecution support to an exciting and growing IP firm. The Patent Legal Assistant will need to have a good understanding of patent prosecution rules and procedures and must be proficient in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
This position will prepare and file documents at the United States Patent Office during all stages of the patent prosecution lifecycle as well as report the same to our clients and foreign agents. This is a collaborative position that will work closely with all members of the firm. This position will also provide assistance in our accounting area as needed. The Patent Legal Assistant may also be assigned other duties or projects as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2 years patent prosecution experience
- Knowledge of U.S. Patent and Trademark Office rules and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of the USPTO website including PAIR, WIPO and other related patent research sites
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Proficient to Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of general accounting or billing is preferred
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment