This position is an operations management position that is responsible for the oversight and management of New Applications and Formality matters. This includes but is not limited to review of all incoming correspondence involving new application and formality matters. This position does not include any direct staff management. Formalities will include Declarations, Assignments, Official Filing Receipts, Notices of Acceptance, Powers of Attorney, Notices of Publications, Information Disclosure Statements and Miscellaneous PTO Communications issued prior to receipt of a first Office Action or Restriction/Election Requirement. The Operations Manager will work with other Senior Administrative staff to produce and maintain workflow, procedures and training materials.
This position will coordinate tasks and quality review. This is a collaborative position that will work closely with all members of the firm and will assist with backing up other Senior Administrative Staff. The Operations Manager position may also be assigned other duties or projects as needed including but not limited to preparation and filing of various documents at the USPTO, reporting filings and assisting with accounting matters.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Management position
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Patent industry
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. Patent and Trademark Office rules and procedures
- Ability to analyze, suggest, create and implement new business processes and procedures and to evaluate and offer solutions to existing processes and procedure when needed
- Foreign experience a plus
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Proficient to Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities