This position is responsible for the day-to-day docketing of US and Foreign IP matters. This includes but is not limited to: analyzing and processing all incoming client correspondence for U.S., Foreign and General Matters. The ability to translate and draft correspondence in Japanese is preferred but not required. This position will also assist with opening new matters, preparing and reconciling docket reports, researching and solving docket inconsistencies and questions. Additional and secondary areas of responsibility include assisting with incoming file transfers including the audit of files and updating records within the docketing database.
This position will assist with both incoming and outgoing portal communications and will provide a wide range of administrative, accounting and patent prosecution support to an exciting and growing IP firm. The Docketing and Foreign Filing Specialist will need to have a good understanding of US and foreign patent prosecution rules and procedures.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Applicant must have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in docketing or combined docketing and IP Paralegal support in US, Foreign and International patent prosecution
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills to allow switching from one area of responsibility to another while maintaining quality and focus in a rapidly growing firm
- Problem-solving and analytical thinking combined with the ability to work in a team or independently
- Keen oral and written communication skills (Japanese and English preferred) to effectively interact with all members of the staff and clients
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Anaqua is preferred but not required