Intellectual Property (IP) Project Assistant – remote
Join our award-winning firm where the best and brightest in science and law join together to deliver creative and innovative solutions to our clients- all while working in a relaxed, creative and stimulating environment.
Our firm culture drives the day-to-day experience, and we believe work/life balance generates high quality work and a higher quality of life. Xsensus is a place where you can be successful by being yourself and work with a diverse group of people who want to help you along the way.
The IP Project Assistant will play a pivotal role in this growing firm by providing a wide range of administrative and patent prosecution support to ensure delivery of accurate, high-quality service to our clients.
The successful candidate will work with several individuals and teams to assist in overflow tasks that are critical to the success of the firm and our clients. The potential exists for a successful candidate to move into a more specialized role within the firm, if desired.
With transparent leadership, collaborative teamwork and technology driven processes, the Xsensus team provides unparalleled services to a rapidly expanding client base.
- Electronic file and document management using firm document management software (using Anaqua and NetDocs)
- Provide assistance on confidential incoming emails from clients and foreign associate law firms
- Document and correspondence preparation
- Outward client communication using email, letter templates, and concise, professional language
- Data audits, report preparation and compilation of relevant data into Excel spreadsheets
- Special projects as assigned
Ideal candidates will have:
- Basic understanding of US patent prosecution rules and procedures preferred but not required
- Proficient to advanced knowledge in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other software and websites as needed
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Effective and professional communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong math skills preferred
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university or experience in lieu of a degree strongly preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting or billing is preferred but not required
- Prior administrative support experience in IP/Patent/Trademark industry
What We Offer:
- Competitive benefits and salary
- Ability to work remotely or at the office
- Flexible vacation time- We promote a healthy work/life balance
- Optional team building activities- Join us in friendly office competitions throughout the year
Xsensus is committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating, cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion within the firm.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our attorneys, technical experts and professional staff bring to their work helps us to create the culture we seek, augments the value that our firm can bring to our clients, and ultimately has a meaningful impact on the firm’s success.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Further, Xsensus’ diversity initiatives are applicable, in particular, to our practices and policies on recruitment and hiring; compensation and benefits; professional training; work assignments and staffing for client work; client-development opportunities; career advancement; social activities sponsored by the firm; and the ongoing development of a culture within Xsensus built on the premise of gender and diversity equity, and respect.
Interested in this position?
Please fill out the form below with your information. Note that while we appreciate all applications, we will only respond to those we are interested in discussing specific opportunities with.