Dr. Yao Liu is a patent agent that specializes in drafting and prosecuting patent applications for intellectual property protection in developing chemical and bio-materials, medicine, spectroscopic techniques and their applications.
Dr. Liu has extensive practical chemistry and patent experience and over 60 peer-reviewed papers. His background includes inorganic/organic material-related research including synthesis and applications with a strong background in semiconductor, solid-state physics, spectroscopy techniques and instrumentation. He also has wide-ranging experience in photoactive materials.
His technology areas include:
- Inorganic/organic materials
- Nano-structured materials
- Metal complex compounds
- Photoactive materials
- Pharmaceutical molecules
- Photodynamic-therapy drug
- DNA materials
- Thin-film devices such as thin film solar cells, light-emitting devices, chemical sensors
- Fluorescence/phosphorescence imaging
- Photo-dynamic therapy molecules
- Atomic Layer Deposition
- Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Thin-film growth techniques
In addition to his patent experience, Dr. Liu has also worked in the sciences with universities around the world.
- Institute of Photographic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Beijing Normal University (B.S.)
- American Chemical Society