Justin Sanders is a registered patent attorney with 10+ years of experience assisting clients with all aspects of identifying, procuring, policing, enforcing and monetizing their intellectual property assets, including:
- Performing various types of patent and trademark-related searches
- Preparing and prosecuting utility and design patent applications – both in the U.S. and abroad – covering a wide range of technologies
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international trademark and trade dress applications
- Attacking and defending trademark registrations before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Rendering patent and trademark infringement and validity/invalidity opinions
- Obtaining U.S. copyright registrations
- Designing and implementing trade secret protection protocols
- Negotiating and drafting a multitude of intellectual property and related business agreements
Mr. Sanders graduated from California State University, Long Beach, earning a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with a minor in Human Resources Management. He went on to attend Whittier Law School as a Fellow in the Center for Intellectual Property Law, where he received his Juris Doctorate with magna cum laude honors, along with a Certificate in Intellectual Property Law.
In addition to servicing clients through Xsensus, Justin is actively involved with both the CSUF Startup Incubator (hosted by California State University, Fullerton) and UCI Beall Applied Innovation (hosted by UC Irvine) where he serves as a mentor to the resident entrepreneurs, providing guidance on various intellectual property issues.
Justin has also had the honor of being selected for inclusion in the Southern California Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers – a distinction awarded to less than 2.5 percent of all attorneys in the state each year.
- Whittier Law School
- Intellectual Property Law (J.D.)
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law
- California State University, Long Beach(B.S)
- Computer Science
- Minor, Human Resources Management
- The United States Patent & Trademark Office
- All courts of the State of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Recognized as Southern California Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (2013 to 2017, 2019-2020)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBA)
- Orange County Intellectual Property Law Association (OCIPLA)
- Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society)
- CSUF Startup Incubator (hosted by California State University, Fullerton)
- UCI Beall Applied Innovation (hosted by UC Irvine)
- Entralta P.C.
- One3 IP Management, P.C.
- Rhema Law Group, P.C.
- Mind Law Firm P.C.
- Patent Law & Venture Group