James F. Fleming is an experienced patent and IP attorney that specializes in the areas of chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical devices. His extensive education, combined with his research experience and work as a patent attorney, has given him the skills he needs to advise his clients and protect their intellectual property.
He knows a range of aspects involving patent law including:
- Strategic planning and development of IP portfolios
- Patent drafting
- Patent prosecution
- Rendering patent onions
Prior to beginning his legal career, Mr. Fleming obtained degrees in Biochemistry and Cell and Molecular Biology, as well as his Juris Doctorate. He has also conducted research and development in both the academic and industrial sectors.
Following his studies and research, he worked at general practice and intellectual property firms before joining Nanyang Law, LLC in Singapore as a U.S. Patent Attorney.
- California Western School of Law (J.D.)
- San Diego State University (M.S.)
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (B.S.)
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- All courts of the State of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Nanyang Law, LLC, Singapore