Intellectual Property (IP) Specialist – Remote
Xsensus is an IP firm that has experienced exceptional growth since its founding in 2018 and is now one of the top 25 law firms in numbers of patents issued each year. The Intellectual Property (IP) Specialist will play a pivotal role in this growing firm by providing a wide range of administrative, accounting and patent prosecution support. The incumbent will prepare and file documents at the United States Patent Office (USPTO) during all stages of the patent prosecution lifecycle as well as invoice and report the same to our clients and foreign agents. This is a collaborative position that will work closely with all members of the firm.
With transparent leadership, collaborative teamwork and technology driven processes, the Xsensus team provides unparalleled services to a rapidly expanding client base.
- Support our legal professionals by assisting with preparation and filing of documents at the USPTO including but not limited to new applications, formality documents, responses to Office Actions and Information Disclosure Statements
- Where bilingual capabilities exist, will be responsible for translating incoming foreign language communications as well as composing and assisting with outgoing correspondence as needed
- Review, process and assist with responding to incoming client correspondence, including docketing or verification of docketing of all associated due dates
- Support our legal professionals by assisting with preparation of correspondence and formality documents for forwarding to clients and foreign associates following client specific and firm guidelines
- Assist with oversight of the firm’s docket to ensure proper prioritization and that all deadlines are met
- Interface with all members of the firm’s administrative management team as well as the legal professionals on a daily basis to ensure timely completion of duties
Assist with accounting and billing functions as assigned
Ideal candidates will have:
- Solid understanding of patent prosecution rules and procedures
- Patent litigation knowledge including experience with the International Trade Commission (ITC) and post-grant review (PGR) before the Patent Trial & Appeals Board (PTAB) is highly desirable.
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience utilizing the USPTO website including PAIR, EFS, and Patent Center
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail required
- Ability to work independently as well as within a group setting or assignment
- Effective communication skills required (written and oral)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2 years patent prosecution experience
- Knowledge of USPTO rules and procedures
- Knowledge of general accounting or billing is preferred
What We Offer:
- Competitive benefits and salary
- Ability to work remotely or at the office
- Generous PTO plan
- Optional team building activities- Join us in friendly office competitions throughout the year
Xsensus is committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating, cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion within the firm.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our attorneys, technical experts and professional staff bring to their work helps us to create the culture we seek, augments the value that our firm can bring to our clients, and ultimately has a meaningful impact on the firm’s success.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Further, Xsensus’ diversity initiatives are applicable, in particular, to our practices and policies on recruitment and hiring; compensation and benefits; professional training; work assignments and staffing for client work; client-development opportunities; career advancement; social activities sponsored by the firm; and the ongoing development of a culture within Xsensus built on the premise of gender and diversity equity, and respect.
Interested in this position?
Please fill out the form below with your information. Note that while we appreciate all applications, we will only respond to those we are interested in discussing specific opportunities with.