Intellectual Property (IP) New Applications and Formalities Specialist – Remote
Xsensus is an IP firm that has experienced exceptional growth since its founding in 2018 and is now one of the top 25 law firms in numbers of patents issued each year. The New Applications & Formalities Specialist will play a pivotal role in this growing firm by managing the processing and docketing of incoming new applications and formality documents to ensure delivery of accurate, high-quality service to our clients.
With transparent leadership, collaborative teamwork and technology driven processes, the Xsensus team provides unparalleled services to a rapidly expanding client base.
- Coordinate with inside and outside staff to ensure completion of all assigned matters from initial receipt to reporting and billing. This includes but is not limited to review of all incoming correspondence involving new application and formality matters.
- Formalities will include Declarations, Assignments, Powers of Attorney, Information Disclosure Statements
- Identify complicated nuances of USPTO document preparation and procedure, research regulations and filing requirements, and suggest filing or client contact strategies to meet USPTO requirements.
- Identify and meet deadlines based on USPTO correspondence, client instructions, and other documents, and manage associated risks by filing in advance of due dates when feasible.
- Evaluate client-supplied documents and determine if the documents are sufficient to obtain a filing date, satisfy a USPTO deadline, or meet the current requirements for Information Disclosure, and take steps as necessary to correct any deficiencies in the documents prior to deadlines.
- Coordinate tasks and perform quality review.
- Respond to all client inquiries regarding new application filings.
- May also be assigned other duties or projects as needed including but not limited to preparation and filing of various documents at the USPTO, reporting filings and assisting with accounting matters.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. Patent and Trademark Office rules and procedures
- Ability to identify complicated nuances of USPTO document preparation and procedure
- Ability to analyze, suggest, create and implement new business processes and procedures and to evaluate and offer solutions to existing processes and procedure when needed
- Proficient knowledge in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred but not required; equivalent experience may be substituted for degree
- At least (5) five years’ experience in the Patent industry
- Prior management experience a plus
- Foreign experience a plus
- Experience with Anaqua is preferred but not required
- High degree of accuracy, as well as strong organizational and prioritization skills to allow switching from one area of responsibility to another while maintaining quality and focus
What We Offer:
- Competitive benefits and salary
- Ability to work remotely or at the office
- Flexible vacation time- We promote a healthy work/life balance
- Optional team building activities- Join us in friendly office competitions throughout the year
Xsensus is committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating, cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion within the firm.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our attorneys, technical experts and professional staff bring to their work helps us to create the culture we seek, augments the value that our firm can bring to our clients, and ultimately has a meaningful impact on the firm’s success.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Further, Xsensus’ diversity initiatives are applicable, in particular, to our practices and policies on recruitment and hiring; compensation and benefits; professional training; work assignments and staffing for client work; client-development opportunities; career advancement; social activities sponsored by the firm; and the ongoing development of a culture within Xsensus built on the premise of gender and diversity equity, and respect.
Interested in this position?
Please fill out the form below with your information. Note that while we appreciate all applications, we will only respond to those we are interested in discussing specific opportunities with.