IP Docketing Manager – Remote
Patent Docketing Manager – Remote
Join our award-winning firm where the best and brightest in science and law join together to deliver creative and innovative solutions to our clients- all while working in a relaxed, creative and stimulating environment.
Our firm culture drives the day-to-day experience, and we believe work/life balance generates high quality work and a higher quality of life. Xsensus is a place where you can be successful by being yourself and work with a diverse group of people who want to help you along the way.
We are seeking an experienced Records and Information Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day docketing of US Intellectual Property matters.
- Manages intake of all transfer in cases.
- Manages firms docketing software.
- Ensures records and deadlines are properly and timely docketed.
- Generates daily reports detailing action items and due dates.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance and management of the IP docketing module for patent and trademark matters.
- Assist with opening new matters, preparing and reconciling docket reports, researching and solving docket inconsistencies and questions.
- Additional and secondary areas of responsibility include assisting with incoming file transfers including the audit of files and updating records within the docketing database.
- Assist with both incoming and outgoing portal communications and will provide a wide range of administrative and patent prosecution support to an exciting and growing IP firm.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred; or (3) three to (5) years of experience in docketing or combined docketing and IP Paralegal support in U.S, Foreign and International patent prosecution; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US patent prosecution rules and procedures
- Must be proficient in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and prioritization skills to allow switching from one area of responsibility to another while maintaining quality and focus in a rapidly growing firm
- Problem solving and analytical thinking combined with the ability to work in a team or independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact professionally with all members of staff and clients.
- Experience with Anaqua is preferred but not required
- Competitive benefits and salary
- Ability to work remotely or at the office
- Newly remodeled office
- Ditch the suit- Our dress code is flexible, wear what makes you most productive
- Flexible vacation time- We promote a healthy work/life balance
- Optional team building activities- Join us in friendly office competitions throughout the year
- Free snacks
- Firm lunches in the office
Xsensus is committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating, cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion within the firm.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our attorneys, technical experts and professional staff bring to their work helps us to create the culture we seek, augments the value that our firm can bring to our clients, and ultimately has a meaningful impact on the firm’s success.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Further, Xsensus’ diversity initiatives are applicable, in particular, to our practices and policies on recruitment and hiring; compensation and benefits; professional training; work assignments and staffing for client work; client-development opportunities; career advancement; social activities sponsored by the firm; and the ongoing development of a culture within Xsensus built on the premise of gender and diversity equity, and respect.
Interested in this position?
Please fill out the form below with your information. Note that while we appreciate all applications, we will only respond to those we are interested in discussing specific opportunities with.