Xsensus is an IP firm that has experienced exceptional growth since its founding in 2018 and is now one of the top 25 law firms in terms in numbers of patents issued each year. This growth has spawned a need for an innovative administrative director who is motivated to take the firm’s administrative group to the next level of performance. We are looking for a person who can lead a group of highly skilled IP administrators and work with managing partners in the firm to develop a top tier IP administrative group for an up and coming firm.
With transparent leadership, collaborative teamwork and technology driven processes, the Xsensus team provides unparalleled services to a rapidly expanding client base.
- Collaborate closely with leadership to identify firm objectives and develop and implement strategies to accomplish long and short term goals
- Continually review and analyze firm operations to identify and implement effective workflow processes to improve efficiencies and client satisfaction
- Identify relevant technology tools available in the IP industry to enhance workflow and make recommendations; serve as administrator for IP software programs
- Partner and manage the use of third-party services and software tools
- Provide reports and analytics on a regular basis, with a focus on trends, statistics, and other relevant data as it relates to productivity, volume, processing times, and client service to support effective decision-making and management of resources
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of IP industry rules and regulations; assess potential impact of industry changes on operational workflow and procedures and implement adjustments as needed
- Develop practice quality control metrics and monitor for continuous improvement; ensure compliance with client and industry requirements
- Support the firm’s annual budgeting process and ensures the group operates within budget parameters
- Plan and coordinate firm meetings and events to increase integration, supporting branding efforts, promote teamwork, and recognize accomplishments
- Work closely with attorneys, management and staff to establish and document policies, processes and procedures to support best practices and compliance requirements; continually review and adjust to meet the needs of the firm
- Analyze training needs across firm to identify and implement effective training programs
- Manage daily operations of support staff, including workflow analysis, coaching, training needs and evaluation and balancing of workloads; identify and implement a process for understanding support staff workload in real time
- Evaluate hiring needs by providing relevant process information to support determination of qualifications and required roles; support related hiring processes and recommendations as needed; strategically plan and implement growth strategies
- Participate in talent acquisition activities to include sourcing, interviewing and hiring decisions
- Oversee support staff performance management program and compensation decisions in conjunction with leadership, managers, and Human Resources; implement procedures to effectively monitor staff performance and provide continuous feedback
- Collaborate with Attorneys, Managers and Human Resources to manage resolution of employee relations issues
- Other related duties as needed to support firm operations
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Prior experience in a management/administrator role in an IP/Patent firm
- Excellent understanding of US patent prosecution rules and procedures
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and prioritization skills to allow switching from one area of responsibility to another while maintaining quality and focus in a rapidly growing firm.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking combined with the ability to work in a team or independently is needed.
- Keen oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels in the organization and clients.
- Experience with Anaqua is a plus but not required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive benefits and salary
- Ability to work remotely or at the office
- Flexible vacation time- We promote a healthy work/life balance
- Optional team building activities- Join us in friendly office competitions throughout the year
Xsensus is committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating, cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion within the firm.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our attorneys, technical experts and professional staff bring to their work helps us to create the culture we seek, augments the value that our firm can bring to our clients, and ultimately has a meaningful impact on the firm’s success.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Further, Xsensus’ diversity initiatives are applicable, in particular, to our practices and policies on recruitment and hiring; compensation and benefits; professional training; work assignments and staffing for client work; client-development opportunities; career advancement; social activities sponsored by the firm; and the ongoing development of a culture within Xsensus built on the premise of gender and diversity equity, and respect.
Interested in this position?
Please fill out the form below with your information. Note that while we appreciate all applications, we will only respond to those we are interested in discussing specific opportunities with.
*No calls, please.